Please read and follow the below guidelines for golf to be played safely through out the current situation.
The Eastern Sward Golf Club have made a few adjustments to these at the bottom of the page. It is imperative these are followed so that the course can stay open and operational through these times.
• There must be a bookings process for all attendance at the club or facility.
There should be no ‘roll-up play’. Please see below for amended instructions.
Reasons for this are two-fold;
It is a requirement of the State Government directive that the operator of a facility must keep the following details of people who attend the facility; name, phone number and time of visit
To minimise congregations around entry and exit points, pro-shops and tee blocks.
• Golf can be played in groups of four
• Club competitions can be run
• Avoid shotgun starts
General hygiene principles required, including cleaning of facilities
Golf Australia has previously communicated to clubs that their staff and volunteers should exhibit a heightened awareness of personal hygiene as has been encouraged by state and federal health departments and they should display a heightened regard for the sanitation of surfaces, of which their cleaning chemical provider will be able to provide guidance on.
Golf Australia has provided Club & Facilities with specific easy to implement changes to regular operations to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. These include:
• Placing social distancing signage around the clubhouse along with hand sanitisers
• Sanitise motorised carts, rental clubs, push buggy and sand bucket handles and air compressor handles before and after use on all occasions.
• Sanitise all greenkeeping machinery before and after use on all occasions
• Removal of rakes from bunkers
• Encourage golfers to wear their glove when removing the flag stick. Refer temporary modification of the rules section which gives clubs the choice to adopt policies around flagsticks and bunker rakes.
• Remove cash transactions and encourage ‘Pay-Wave’ transactions where no contact is required
• Remove small pins from practice putting greens
• No dollar bets
• No hand shaking
DUE TO THE CONFUSION OF THE PREVIOUS TEXT REGARDING BOOKING IN ONLINE WE HAVE DECIDED TO GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY OF RECORDING WHO HAS PLAYED THE GOLF COURSE FROM THURSDAY 14/5/2020.
BOOK ONLINE AS NORMAL
CASUAL / SOCIAL GOLF
FILL OUT THE TIMESHEET LOCATED IN THE DESK AT THE STARTERS SHED
MEMBERS MUST RECORD THEIR NAMES
VISITORS MUST RECORD NAMES & PHONE NUMBERS
THIS MUST BE DONE BY EVERYONE WHO PLAYS GOLF REGARDLESS
VISTOR’S ARE ALLOWED
MUST FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HYGIENE PRACTICES
IF WE DO NOT FOLLOW THE VICTORIAN GOVERNMENTS DIRECTIVE THEY WILL CLOSE THE GOLF COURSE INDEFINITELY SO ITS IN OUR OWN BEST INTEREST TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL THE CLUB AT email@example.com AND SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO YOU ASAP